You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reading Through the Bible in a Year

Last year, a couple of my friends and I, decided that it would be fun, if through the whole 2009 year, if we could read through the entire Bible in a year.

One of my good friends, Sam, came up with a schedule to do so- and we started reading on January 1st.

It took me a while to actually get used to reading my Bible every day - or, as I did it, every evening, before I went to bed. It became a habit, after only a couple of weeks - and I am glad to say - I only missed two days of reading, because I was sick. Those two days were quickly caught up- and I was soon back in the swing of things.

Reading through the Bible in a year, made me feel a whole lot closer to God. I felt that reading the Bible - and actually learning what it said in it, definitely gave me a better meaning of God's love and forgiveness toward His people.

My life has changed since I've read through the Bible. I'm doing it again this year - only with a Chronological Bible - that my Grandma had sitting at her house. This way, I get to read the events in the order that they actually happened.

I think that it's a great challenge - to read through the Bible - and I think that every Christian should take that challenge.

Read through the Bible, learn what it says. There is no other way to learn and understand what God is trying to tell you, unless we read what His word is telling us.

I challenge each and every one of you to try to read your Bible every night. Whether it's a chapter, or two chapters, or in some cases of the short books, a whole book of the Bible. Don't overdo it - because then it'll get old pretty fast - set yourself at a good pace, and try to learn what that part of the Bible is trying to teach you.

And pray. Definitely pray. Reading through the Bible is good - but prayer is also essential.

So, as a closing - I'm going to share a few of my favorite verses that I've discovered in reading the Bible through the year:

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine.

Phillipians 4:13 For I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

And of course - the well known:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


If you have any questions about my reading through the Bible in a year - or about the schedule I used - you can comment, and ask, or email me at : jesusismyprincecharming@hotmail.com

No comments: