You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Guys Are Waffles, Girls are Spaghetti - by Chad Eastham review

Hello, readers!
 Suzanna here.
All day today I have been sick. I got the flu... :( That goofy little bug seems to be all over this time of year.
  I decided I'm going to review the cough drops I've been using. They're called Halls Refresh and I'm sucking on the juicy strawberry flavored ones right now. I think they taste pretty good-
 Kidding. I'd never do that. I promise.
As I'm sitting here on our big comfy couch, with my pajamas on... I decided I'd review the book I'm reading right now. I'm not sure if that's the right way to review a book; one you haven't even finished; but I thought I'd give it a try.
 The book I'm currently reading is 'Guys are Waffles, Girls are Spaghetti' by Chad Eastham and Bill and Pam Farrel.
 I am over halfway done with the book, and I started it yesterday. All of Chad Eastham's books seem like quick reads, -unless it's just because I've been lounging, reading all day today.- Either way, I like those types of books. I think it also helps that Chad Eastham is the most amazing author I have ever...uh...read?! Not sure what word I should've put there. Anyways. I really like the way he approaches and tackles the different hard subjects that he discussed in the book.
 If an adult (well...I know Chad Eastham is an adult, but bear with me here) would have attempted to write this book, I think it would have stunk. Chad seems mature enough to encourage us teens and discuss the topics in book like a youth group leader, yet also talk about them like a big brother would. The way he delivers each and every chapter is so warm and humorous, yet also very honest and raw.
 Chad did such a good job writing this book. I absolutely love it.
 I like how it's written for both guys and girls.
 Seriously, there's not one part of the book that I haven't 100% enjoyed.
From what I'd read about the Guys are Waffles, Girls are Spaghetti book I thought there would've been more sections or parts written by Bill and Pam Farrel, but there's not that many sections, actually.
 Anyways, the book is great. I absolutely love the book. Good job, Chad, Bill and Pam!!

No comments: