You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Friday, January 22, 2010

Joy

I loved Kylie's previous post on joy! I loved reading through it, and trying to understand what JOY really means.
 I think that happiness very much ties in with being joyous, but I think that it's a lot more than that. 

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." 

Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Nehemiah 8:10 - "Nehemiah said, 'Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.'" 

The last verse that I posted there, was one that Kylie also posted. I love that verse. The JOY OF THE LORD is my STRENGTH!

If you would like...leave a comment and let us all know one thing that really makes you happy! We'd love to know!

No comments: