You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Serving others

Hey, readers!
 I hope everyone is having a good evening. Just thought I would say that I am having a great one.
 Church tomorrow at 10:00, and I am going to be a 'greeter'. I'm not sure if your church has greeters or not, but our's does. If you don't know what the heck a greeter is supposed to do, well, they get up early and head to church to wait at the door, open the door, say 'Hi! How are you doing?' and hand a bulletin to everyone that comes into the church. Don't forget! You need to smile LOTS when you have this job. So don't forget to load up on the caffeine before you leave the house, or stop at your local Starbucks and pick up a grande quad half- caf espresso macchiato with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
 Anyways, as I was quietly preparing myself for the hospitality job (and the macchiato) I was flipping through my bible and came across this bible verse about serving others:
 Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
 Matthew 20: 26-28 NIV.
I don't think I'll be needing to give my life as a ransom for ANY tomorrow morning as I hand out bulletins and shake hands, but I can serve others with a smile and maybe hope they don't think I'm psycho from the dilated eyes and run in the opposite direction of our church. So if your local paper or news channel mention 'Crazy Church with Overly-Caffeinated People' you'll know that I made an impact while greeting.

No comments: