You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jesus Saves

Kylie and I had been talking about ideas for our devotionals - and this one came up a while back. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this yesterday, but by the time that I had gotten a chance to get on the blog - it was late, and I didn't have a lot of time to think about how and what I was going to say.

I grew up in a Christian home - where I went to church every week, and learned all the things I could about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I asked Jesus into my heart, when I was five, but didn't understand fully what He had done for me, until I was older - and able to more fully comprehend why He did these things for me. I still am not sure that I can understand WHY He did what He did - I just know that He loves us more than we can ever even imagine. 

I'm sure you are all familiar with the verse:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."John 3:16
I learned this verse when I was really young - and have used it a lot. It's definitely one of my favorite verses. 

This verse is pretty much the salvation message wrapped up in one sentence. But the whole situation is WAY more than that. 
God sent His Son, Jesus, to earth, so that HE could save everyone from their sins. Anyone who wants to be saved - can be, because of God's great grace.

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" John 1:12
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23


~Ashley

No comments: