You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Fearless" Taylor Swift

Hi guys! It's Sam! Today, I'm going to be doing a review on Taylor Swift's sophomore album, "Fearless". Now, you might not agree with everything I say, and that's fine, this is just a personal review of this CD. But, I'd love to hear some of your opinions too!

"Fearless" Taylor Swift
The overall appearance of this CD is great! It's fun, upbeat, and has alot of personality!  Taylor Swift write about personal experiences, which makes the CD even better!

Fearless: This song is all about rushing into a relationship. Diving into it headfirst without thinking about what you are doing. This doesn't seem like the kind of relationship a Christian girl should be having. It's sure to go down somewhere along the road.
Fifteen: "Fifteen" describes a girl who is getting into a relationship at a young age. As this song proves, young relationships usually don't go anywhere or as the way you might've planned it, and you just ended getting your heart broken. ["Abigal gave everything/ She had to a boy/ Who changed his mind/ And we both cried/"] I think Taylor Swift is using this song as a warning to young love.
Love Story: I have mixed feelings about this song. I love the tune, and how the song seems to take place in the Victorian era. But the overall message of this song, really isn't the greatest. The girl and the guy are in love, but the father doesn't want them to see each other, and yet they sneak off in the night and see and be with each other ["So I sneak out/ To the garden to see you/ We keep quiet/ 'Cause we're dead if they knew/"] against the girl's father's will. ["And my daddy said/ 'Stay away from Juliet'/"] This is a rebellious song. In the end, though, the boy goes and asks the girl's father for permission to marry his daughter. That was good. ["I talked to your dad/ Go pick out a white dress/"]
Hey Stephen: There's really nothing wrong with this song unless you have an offense to "kissing in the rain". "Hey Stephen" is about a girl who obviously likes this boy names Stephen. Taylor Swift seems to describe this boy as an attractive, young man who has girls around him all the time. ["Of all the girls/ Tossing rocks at your window/"] The girl in this song is almost just like one of those girls, except she's more than just a "fan" of Stephen, she actually has feelings for him, and really wants him to feel the same way about her. I think the message of this song is really cute.
White Horse:  This song is quite sad. and there's really nothing wrong with it. I don't really know what to put for this one. haha. Well, the girl seemed to not realize that guy didn't really love even love her. She was blinded, because she loved him so much. ["Maybe I was naive/ Got lost in your eyes/"] But I'm actually not really sure.
You Belong With Me: This song is upbeat and fun. The girl in this song isn't satisfied without the guy she wants. The girl puts down the other girl that the guy is dating. Saying that she (herself) know the guy a whole lot better. ["She doesn't know your story/ Like I do"] She's obviously very jealous of the other girl. It's not very good to be jealous, but it can be hard not to be sometimes.
Breathe: In this song, the girl and the guy broke up, and the girl just can't get the guy off her mind. She says that it's not easy being in a relationship, ["And we know/ It's never simple/ Never easy/"] and wishes that they're relationship could've gone on, because she can't breathe without him. ["And I can't breathe/ Without you/ But I have to"]
Tell Me Why: I'm a little confused with this song. I think it's weird how she says that she loves the guy in this song so much, but yet he's abusive to her, and she doesn't want to break up with him. ["I need you like a heartbeat/ But I know you've got a mean streak/"] In this song, she just lets the guy do what ever he wants to the girl. ["I take a step back/ And let you go/ I told you I'm not bulletproof/ Now you know/"] It seems to me, like you should make sure the guy isn't mean to you, before you go and fall in love with him.
You're Not Sorry: (coming soon with others) 

 


~Sam 

No comments: