You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Sunday, November 13, 2011

So I'm not going to sugar coat this right now. I'm going to come right out and say it, because guess what? What I'm about to say is completely and utterly true.

There is pain.
Sorrow.
Hard times.
Times you want to run away from your life and make it all end.
Times when you wake up and feel like crawling right back under the covers and never getting up.
Times when you look at yourself in the mirror and wish you had the chance to change something about yourself.

I sure know that I've felt this way. As a Christian, I think that some people believe that we should be perfect - that we shouldn't have troubles and trials. That we should just walk through the fire and never get burned by it. That we are immortal.

But we are not. We are human. We are sinners. We are easily hurt just like everyone else. We are burdened, pained, sorrowed. We have so much going on, and we feel like no one takes the time for us. 

But guess what? 

God has time. God wants you to run to him and not away from him. He wants YOU to take the time to go to him - in prayer, in meditation, by reading the Bible. He wants you to turn to him when you're hurting. He wants to help you. He wants to LOVE you. He wants to treat you the way you deserve to be treated. You can't get a better doctor, lover, best friend, healer than the Lord, Jesus Christ. 

So remember, next time you're hurting, even if you don't feel like it - run to God, and not away from him. It might just prove to be the best thing that ever happened to you. Because he'll heal your heart and love you just for you.

Sinner and all.

I keep my eyes always on the LORD. 
   With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8



 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

~Ashley

No comments: