You are beautiful. Because Jesus says so.


{home} - {about} - {ashen sky life}

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jesus is my superhero

When I was a little girl, I wanted a superhero, to save me and take me to some faraway land, where he'd keep me safe, and I'd never have to worry about anything.
Now that I'm a little older, and a bit more mature, I know that will never happen. But I do have a superhero. 
"Who?" You ask.

Jesus.

It's as easy as that. Jesus, who lived a sinless life, died on the cross, for all sinner who walk this earth. He loves you enough to be beaten and hung on a cross.
Dying for our sins in something that I find, that's hard to comprehend. Why would Jesus do that for us? Why? Why? Why? 


Because he loves us. 

Jesus saved us from our sins, when we asked him into our lives. And him saving me from my sins, is way better than having a superman. 

Jesus is the only true superhero, because he saved us from eternal life in hell. 

And someday, we'll go to Heaven, and spend eternity with him there. And that's way better than a faraway land. 
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life."

Jesus is my superhero. Is He yours? 


~Ashley


Oh, and soon, we'll have another writer joining us. We'll be adding Natalie to our group of writers ASAP! :)

1 comment:

Sky Destrian said...

Hey Ashley!

This was an awesome devotional, and I love the points you made. Jesus is the ultimate superhero, because He has saved us from death! That makes me really excited!

Love,
~Kylie